Thursday, December 6, 2012

Busy December

For pretty much every weekend this month I'm busy, which  is great! The only slow parts of  the month are the weekdays.
Last weekend my host parents and I joined two other  couples on a bike ride. We were only going to ride about 6 miles,  eat  lunch, then head back. After lunch one of the couples decided they wanted to do something else and wanted us to come along. None of us were quite sure what we were doing or where we were going. We ended up biking 15 more miles in a large circle until we got back to Bourges. 21 miles total. (35 km) Let's just say my host parents and I were definitely not prepared and weren't the most ecstatic people about it. But hey, I got a really (really  really) good work out.
This coming weekend my host mom, sister and I are going to Paris again. We'll visit Valerie's mother and maybe do some Christmas shopping.
The following weekend the Rotary students in my district (1720) are all coming to Bourges. We were told to bring a present under 15 euros so I'm assuming there'll be some kind of exchange and celebration of Christmas. I'll be wearing my new ugly Christmas sweater as well!
The next weekend I move to my next host family's house. That'll be interesting. I love the family I'm in so much I wish I could stay but I'm also excited to meet  these people. I hope I can memorize the names of all 9 children pretty quickly.
After spending Christmas with them, my 1st host family picks me up to go skiing with them. I'll have beginning lessons with a couple younger children. Hopefully I won't make a fool of myself.
Aaaand that' all for now. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment